For a recent World of Warcraft raid, I actually dug a cooler out of our storage closet and filled it with ice, beer, Mexican Coke for me, and Diet Pepsi for Grant.
You know, so we could enjoy our favorite beverages without having to get up in the middle of a boss fight.
We are such nerds.
With orange bourbon vanilla whipped cream, garnished with orange zest and shaved bittersweet chocolate.
This is what follows the awesome meal I cooked for Grant’s folks, which also includes:
- Goat cheese wrapped in black sesame seeds, to nibble while I finish cooking
- Organic spring green salad with raspberry cumin poppyseed Dijon vinaigrette and toasted almonds
- Organic pork chops with balsamic-roasted pears
- Roasted garlic tarragon mashed potatoes
- Steamed broccoli (hey, something’s gotta be simple!)
- A nice 2006 Willamette Valley Pinot Noir
Man, I love a good excuse to cook!