I decided to host Thanksgiving this year with my mum, hubby and five friends — this would be the first time we cooked for anyone else since our July wedding! Eek! It was a wonderful affair, though — I got to use literally every single wedding/engagement gift we had received, and all the foods turned out delicious (if not perfect). This post is hecka long and detailed, so read on if you’re brave or hungry! Continue reading “Thanksgiving 2010”
With orange bourbon vanilla whipped cream, garnished with orange zest and shaved bittersweet chocolate.
This is what follows the awesome meal I cooked for Grant’s folks, which also includes:
- Goat cheese wrapped in black sesame seeds, to nibble while I finish cooking
- Organic spring green salad with raspberry cumin poppyseed Dijon vinaigrette and toasted almonds
- Organic pork chops with balsamic-roasted pears
- Roasted garlic tarragon mashed potatoes
- Steamed broccoli (hey, something’s gotta be simple!)
- A nice 2006 Willamette Valley Pinot Noir
Man, I love a good excuse to cook!