I made this banana bread, also to rave reviews from Cassie and Brigittie in particular. I admit it turned out very nicely and super moist. No pics fanciness, but here were my deviations from the recipe, for posterity:
- I doubled it, so quantities adjusted accordingly.
- I added enough molasses so that it was like using dark brown sugar.
- I used two big bananas and two tiny ones which I think are a sweeter species.
- No walnuts, a tad more vanilla than called for, and my usual pinch of xanthan gum with the dry ingredients.
- Added about 1.5 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp allspice, 1/4 tsp nutmeg, and 1/4 tsp ground cloves.
- Didn’t quite have enough sour cream, so I supplemented with about 1/3 cup leftover cognac-spiked vanilla-bean-infused sugar-sweetened whipped cream from Thanksgiving. Shut up; it worked great.
- I wound up needing to bake mine for at least 10 min. longer than she called for.
- If I did it over I might experiment with cutting back on the sugar. Didn’t seem like it truly needed it all, esp. with the richness of flavor that my other additions contributed. (No offense, dear anonymous Internet Janet! Your recipe was a badass base for my compulsive experimentation.)