With orange bourbon vanilla whipped cream, garnished with orange zest and shaved bittersweet chocolate.
This is what follows the awesome meal I cooked for Grant’s folks, which also includes:
- Goat cheese wrapped in black sesame seeds, to nibble while I finish cooking
- Organic spring green salad with raspberry cumin poppyseed Dijon vinaigrette and toasted almonds
- Organic pork chops with balsamic-roasted pears
- Roasted garlic tarragon mashed potatoes
- Steamed broccoli (hey, something’s gotta be simple!)
- A nice 2006 Willamette Valley Pinot Noir
Man, I love a good excuse to cook!