Found this recipe card on my fridge this weekend, written in Jen’s handwriting. Very mysterious. Copied verbatim.
1 c peanuts (chopped)
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/4 c vegetable oil
2 large lobsters
1/2 head lettuce
1 bowl raspberry JELLO
1/2 c sugar
1/2 c Tabasco
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Stir for 2 minutes and move to blender. Blend on high for 2-3 minutes, and serve to whoever will eat it.
With orange bourbon vanilla whipped cream, garnished with orange zest and shaved bittersweet chocolate.
This is what follows the awesome meal I cooked for Grant’s folks, which also includes:
- Goat cheese wrapped in black sesame seeds, to nibble while I finish cooking
- Organic spring green salad with raspberry cumin poppyseed Dijon vinaigrette and toasted almonds
- Organic pork chops with balsamic-roasted pears
- Roasted garlic tarragon mashed potatoes
- Steamed broccoli (hey, something’s gotta be simple!)
- A nice 2006 Willamette Valley Pinot Noir
Man, I love a good excuse to cook!